Energy Insurance Solutions
Aegis General’s Energy Division specializes in providing insurance and risk management solutions for downstream petroleum product distribution. Enterprises engaged in the wholesale and retail sale of petroleum and propane including common carriers are the major focus of our program with ancillary industry operations including solutions for rural retail home heating oil distribution as well as the hauling of bulk oil, used oil, crude oil and salt water.
With an office in Conway, Arkansas, Aegis General Gas & Propane Distribution is led by Doug Strange, Tom Mullaney and John Hildebrand, who bring experienced underwriting and risk engineering.
Petroleum Marketer or Oil Jobber
Petroleum marketers and oil jobbers operating as wholesalers, retailers or in combination are included within this class. Ancillary operations including retail gas stations, convenience stores and non-operated retail locations (LRO) are eligible.
- Propane distributors with primary operations consisting of retail sales and delivery for industrial and residential applications. Additional operations consisting of appliance sales, installation and service are permissible if less than 10% of total sales.
- Distributors must follow all federal and state regulations. Additionally, industry and insurance company guidelines will require industry aligned employee training, written procedures for new customers, interruption of service and “Gas Check” or equivalent installation documentation.
Home heating fuel dealers with primary retail home delivery to rural homeowners. Additional operations consisting of equipment sales, installation and service are permissible if less than 10% of total sales. Tank removal and disposal as well as recycling of used oils is excluded.
Bulk oil operators that deliver bulk oil products either packaged or in bulk to retail stores and for industrial or commercial applications. Operations repackaging products under their own label over 10% of their total gallons and any product blending are not eligible for this program.
Crude Oil Haulers
Crude oil haulers involved in the transportation of crude oil from fields, terminals and pipelines to refineries. Additional operations in this class includes hauling of salt water to field operations. Coverage for this class of business to include auto liability and auto physical damage only.
Used Oil Haulers
Used oil haulers include operators transporting used non-hazardous oil from retail locations to oil recyclers. Oil recyclers and repackaging of used oil are not eligible for this program.
– Operations of asphalt sprayers, spreaders or batch plants
– Blending or mixing of oil for retail sales
– Transportation of hazardous waste
– Transportation of any type of waste to a Superfund site
– Ownership, operation, rental or control of a site used to store, treat or dispose of hazardous waste
– Ownership, operation, rental or control of a Superfund site
– Sale or delivery of used oil for home heating
Common Carriers of Petroleum Products
Common carriers include operators that transport or broker propane, gasoline, diesel, home heating fuel and bulk oil.
- Auto Liability
- Auto Physical Damage
- General Liability
- Inland Marine
All risks are being written on GuideOne Mutual Insurance Company paper: A- IX (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best.
To learn more, please contact any member of our team:
President – Aegis General Energy Division
Vice President Risk Engineering – Aegis General Energy Division
Vice President Underwriting – Aegis General Energy Division
Grow your book of business with Aegis General Insurance Agency.
We invite you to learn more about our insurance programs and becoming a producer with Aegis General Insurance Agency. We can help you expand your footprint in the market segments we serve. Contact us at (866) 662-5752 or complete the form on the top of this page.