Career Opportunities at Aegis
Aegis General Insurance Agency is growing and so are the career opportunities we offer.
As a subsidiary of Aegis Security, Inc., which has provided a diversified national platform of specialty insurance programs since 1977, Aegis General is focused on the development and distribution of specialty personal lines insurance products. Since our acquisition by K2 Insurance Services in 2013, Aegis Insurance General Agency has expanded its product distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the size of our underwriting, marketing, and sales staffs.
Aegis General Insurance Agency offers a unique opportunity to join an established company in growth mode while earning a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and a 401(k) plan with generous employer match.
If you’re an insurance professional interested in career development opportunities with an innovative, rapidly growing company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Positions Available
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc. (AGIA), an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company and subsidiary of Aegis Security, Inc., is seeking a full-time Underwriter/Support Representative to join its Underwriting team at its Harrisburg, PA office.
Underwriter/Support Representative activities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze and process paper and electronic applications for insurance.
• Process endorsements and renewals for insurance policies.
• Provide customer service, including payments for internal and external customers.
• Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
• Provide feedback to management for system and program enhancements.
• Meet production and service level standards.
Ideally, the Underwriter/Support Representative will have the following qualifications:
• High school diploma. Post-high school education a plus, but not required.
• At least 2 years’ work experience in customer service, with P&C insurance license a plus but not required.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
• Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
• Strong MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and Access or similar database software.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company, is seeking full-time Marketing Representative to join its Marketing team. This position will be based in MO.
The Marketing Representative’s primary goal is to maximize sales of Aegis insurance products by building and maintaining strong relationships with multiple distribution channels in his/her assigned region and motivating those distribution partners to sell Aegis products to their clients.
• Manage retail producers primarily in the Mid-Atlantic Region, for growth and profitability while increasing brand awareness of Aegis and of its product offerings.
• Identify, meet with, and on-board high potential distribution partners in the assigned territory.
• Schedule regular meetings with key distribution partners identified as “high potential”.
• Build and solidify a pipeline of new opportunities with new and existing distribution partners.
• Collaborate with internal resources to efficiently handle impediments to profitable growth.
• Understand and effectively communicate Aegis product features, benefits, and competitive advantages in a professional manner to assigned accounts.
• Gather competitor data and market intelligence to support product recommendations.
• Serve as liaison between distribution partners and internal contracting team to successfully activate new relationships and coordinate appropriate training for new and existing distribution partners.
• Network within the industry to help increase Aegis visibility, including attendance at relevant insurance industry conferences, professional association meetings, and other networking events.
• Support Marketing Team as appropriate, including travel outside of designated territory to facilitate activation of new/existing distribution.
• Open to relocation opportunities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Risk Management or similar major.
• 3+ years’ experience in insurance sales/service or business-to-business account management.
• Flexibility to travel frequently / attend business-related events outside usual business hours.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• P&C insurance producer license, CPCU, CIC or other relevant industry designations preferred.
• Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Grow your book of business with Aegis General.
We invite you to learn more about our insurance programs and becoming a producer with Aegis General. We can help you expand your footprint in the market segments we serve. Contact us at (855) 399-0966 or complete the form on the top of this page.