Career Opportunities at Aegis
Aegis General Insurance Agency is growing and so are the career opportunities we offer.
As a subsidiary of Aegis Security, Inc., which has provided a diversified national platform of specialty insurance programs since 1977, Aegis General is focused on the development and distribution of specialty personal lines insurance products. Since our acquisition by K2 Insurance Services in 2013, Aegis Insurance General Agency has expanded its product distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the size of our underwriting, marketing, and sales staffs.
Aegis General Insurance Agency offers a unique opportunity to join an established company in growth mode while earning a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and a 401(k) plan with generous employer match.
If you’re an insurance professional interested in career development opportunities with an innovative, rapidly growing company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Positions Available
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company, is seeking a full-time Product Analyst to join its Product Development team. This position will be based in Cincinnati, OH. Our Product Development team is looking for a Product Analyst at its Cincinnati office. This is a full-time position reporting to our VP of Core Products.
The Product Analyst’s primary goal is to provide analytical support to achieve our financial and product offering goals by compiling, reviewing and sharing data on our programs, researching our competitive environment, and confirming the accuracy of our internal and external policy administrative systems.
• Responsible for testing new and revised products (rate, rule, forms, output) in multiple carrier and agency policy administration systems.
• Key contact for Agency Bill partners (Agents that program our products on their proprietary system).
• Analysis of our product position in the marketplace and make program recommendations.
• Provide support to product managers by producing data, analysis, test case preparation and other program filing activities as needed.
• Analyze and report on financial results both on a regular and ad hoc basis. Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports and data queries from our multiple system platforms.
• Interact with internal and external contacts to ensure program revisions are implemented compliantly, accurately and timely.
• Assist in the financial review of new initiatives (product, marketing, IT).
• Communicate status of initiatives to internal and external contacts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, IT, Statistics, or similar major. Over 3.0 GPA preferred
• 3+ years working in an underwriting, rating, or data analyst role, preferably personal lines.
• Advanced MS Excel skills (ex: can program complex formulas, use pivot tables, and manipulate data to achieve goals).
• Very high level of attention to detail and able to produce an accurate work product.
• Organized – can keep a number of different initiatives moving forward simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Can pro-actively convey technical details in an understandable manner to different audiences.
• Enjoys numbers, data, and digging into details to get answers.
• Can see the big picture along with the technical detail.
• Able to travel on occasion to Aegis / K2 locations or key agency partners as needed.
• Insurance Industry designation a plus (CPCU, CIC, etc).
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company, is seeking full-time Marketing Representative to join its Marketing team. This position will be based in the states MO or IL.
The Marketing Representative’s primary goal is to maximize sales of Aegis insurance products by building and maintaining strong relationships with multiple distribution channels in his/her assigned region and motivating those distribution partners to sell Aegis products to their clients.
• Manage retail producers primarily in the Mid-Atlantic Region, for growth and profitability while increasing brand awareness of Aegis and of its product offerings.
• Identify, meet with, and on-board high potential distribution partners in the assigned territory.
• Schedule regular meetings with key distribution partners identified as “high potential”.
• Build and solidify a pipeline of new opportunities with new and existing distribution partners.
• Collaborate with internal resources to efficiently handle impediments to profitable growth.
• Understand and effectively communicate Aegis product features, benefits, and competitive advantages in a professional manner to assigned accounts.
• Gather competitor data and market intelligence to support product recommendations.
• Serve as liaison between distribution partners and internal contracting team to successfully activate new relationships and coordinate appropriate training for new and existing distribution partners.
• Network within the industry to help increase Aegis visibility, including attendance at relevant insurance industry conferences, professional association meetings, and other networking events.
• Support Marketing Team as appropriate, including travel outside of designated territory to facilitate activation of new/existing distribution.
• Open to relocation opportunities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Risk Management or similar major.
• 3+ years’ experience in insurance sales/service or business-to-business account management.
• Flexibility to travel frequently / attend business-related events outside usual business hours.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• P&C insurance producer license, CPCU, CIC or other relevant industry designations preferred.
• Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company and subsidiary of K2 Insurance Services, LLC, is seeking a full-time Customer Service Specialist to join its Operations team at its San Diego, CA office.
• Providing customer service for internal and external customers.
• Reviewing and processing endorsements and applying Aegis’ underwriting criteria.
• Resolving customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
• Meeting production and service level standards.
• High school diploma. Post-high school education a plus, but not required.
• At least 2 years’ work experience in personal lines insurance, with California P&C license a plus but not required.
• Strong Excel and Word skills and familiarity with Access or similar database software.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Grow your book of business with Aegis General.
We invite you to learn more about our insurance programs and becoming a producer with Aegis General. We can help you expand your footprint in the market segments we serve. Contact us at (855) 399-0966 or complete the form on the top of this page.